Monday, February 6, 2012

Almost as bad as a Journal...Okay, it's worse

Okay I Failed.
I hate that word. The sound of it makes me cringe.
I'm a perfectionist (Ohhhhh scary scary, I know)
This whole blog thing didn't go as planned. I never wrote on a consistent basis, I never finished projects, and not to mention I completely forgot about my blog.
Sad day. I know, I am terrible.
Ew. Gross.
I knew I was bad at my journal or writing in a diary, but I thought this would be different. WRONG.
So here I am with a no good blog and bits and pieces of projects yet to be finished.
Whats a girl to do?
...
Start fresh? Brush it under the carpet? Pretend it never happened? Start blogging right away?
Well, now we are getting some where!
Pity Party ends. NOW.
Moving on :)
Where to begin?
How about I give you a tasty treat? Sound good?
Does a salty and sweet goodie work?
(because we all know, I can not get enough of those)
Perfect!
Saltine Chocolate Toffee
Now this my friends may sound a bit odd, but let me tell you. It is lovely! Oh, and super easy :)
I stumbled upon this lovely little goodie on my favorite website. (ever). Pinterest!
How lucky ;)
So here it goes...
1 cup unsalted butter (no margarine allowed)
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
40 saltine crackers

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Lay a flat layer of crackers out on the foil. Melt the sugar and butter until a boil is reached. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is thickened and sugar is completely dissolved. Pour this mixture over the crackers and spread to coat evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the toffee becomes bubbly. After removing the pan from the oven, let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips, let them soften and melt, and then spread them into an even layer. (You can add nuts, cracker crumbs, or whatever else floats your boat at this point.) Let cool and/ orrefrigerate until hardened. Break into pieces the size of your choice.

And Here it is!

Doesn't it look marvelous? so yummy :)
Like my cake plates?....
Mason jars are always a good idea!
Real simple to do too!
You just need various size mason jars and tea plates! Simple right?
I just set mine on top, but you could attach yours permanently with hot glue or something in that nature.
They just became my favorite cake plates!
...
And lookie there! A recipe and a DIY all in one post. And its only my first day back, go me! :)
Hope you enjoy!
Remember to Sparkle Xoxo

1 comment

  1. It's okay - don't beat yourself up - just blog when inspiration hits - be you! Love the pic! The dessert however doesn't make it unto the new me menu...I do splurge but I am very particular...it's gotta be LOADED with sinful tastiness! Tata - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall