Tuesday, November 6, 2012

{Lost Votes}

Okay, I suggest you only read this if you want to know how sappy an individual I am.
Read this to see my heart.
Just read this.
--------
So today is election day for the United States.
We as a nation decide who will lead us in the future.
And, it is my first time voting.
Originally, I wasn't planning on writing about the election and my voting.
But this morning, my heart ached to express itself.
My eyes well up when I think of the impending election and the fates that are being decided.
Now, I am not getting teary eyed because of the pride I feel in this nation and the opportunity I have to vote, even though I feel these are extremely important.
But, My eyes fill with tears as I think of a broken and blind nation choosing leaders to run it.
I think of all those people going to the polls today and want to sob.
Most of them are lost.
They are quite possibly choosing to vote out of spite or even color.
They are quick to judge and anger easily.
Most of these voters feel they know whats best and have consulted only their own imperfect and broken souls.
Jesus, our King, will be left out of this action today.
This broken and lost world will consult the broken and lost for advice and council on who to vote for.
They will forget that our perfect King knows all and controls all.
They will fail to seek him in their vote.
And it is no different for our candidates.
The man I vote for is lost and broken.
He chooses to believe differently than me.
He finds his will in the council of fellow lost and broken people.
He is not seeking the will of God in his election.
And the vicious merry go round of a nation who is under God, but chooses to live apart from God continues.
My heart has broke.
This country will never change if we don't focus on God.
No lost and broken man will ever fix our economy crisis or create a perfect way to combat the evils in this world,
Without his focus being on God.
I have spent my morning in on and off prayer, and the rest of my day will look about the same.
I pray that our nation will choose to follow God in all the we do.
I pray we start to live and act more like Christ in the things that we do.
I ask that hearts of Christ followers will stir and He will lead us to a place of leadership in our country for His glory.
I pray for our President, whom ever he will become, that he will choose to seek God's will for this country.
I ask that he will come humbly into this powerful role with the intention to give all the glory to Jesus.
In the words of my momma, "we live in a world of zombies"
The walking dead.
If we are not found in Christ, we are dead.
This nation we live in is dead.
For a first time voter, I find my peace knowing I have a King who loves this broken and lost nation.
 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall