Sunday, January 6, 2013

{Sunday Afternoon}

Pinned Image
I write to you with my hair in a top knot while wearing sweats and tucking my bare feet under me to warm these relentless cold toes of mine. Why I never put socks on, is beyond me.
It is a bit cold and blustery on this first Sunday of the year.
I have impromptu plans with two of my gal pals and an old friend of mine this afternoon.
School starts back up on Tuesday, I have cleaned out all of last quarter's paper work and have received the books I need for this quarter.
All of these things are in my bag and ready for the day.
I am praying and readying myself to dig into my new major.
The new year has begun, there is no more waiting for it or longing for it.
She is here and,boy, is she fierce.
I find Grace to be an important focal point of this new year.
I am a perfectionist, and I have a hard time learning to live in Grace.
I yearn to accept Grace.
So this year along with my other goals of journaling & learning and using my new Cannon Rebel T3, I will hold myself to a standard of Grace.
Not perfection.
How precious a gift to choose as a goal! A sweet, sweet blessing.
 I don't have to be perfect or want to be perfect because I have a Heavenly Father who is absolutely in every sense, perfect.
" Walk humbly, boldly, and gratefully in the direction you are being led, and the Lord will surely never let you fail. At least not failure as He defines it. And what other definition should matter?" - Angie Smith
Enjoy your Sunday afternoon friends, it is to be the first of many. 
And before you leave, here is my favorite picture of 2013.
For now at least, but it is going to have to be pretty darn great to beat this one.
Me. My Cannon. And my favorite little man.
Candid shot.
Thanks Sis.



No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall