Friday, April 20, 2012

{Leave them alone}

Alright.
The influences on college campuses bug me.
My campus in particular.
I have thought this forever now, but yesterday the final straw was placed on the camel's back.
I understand that we are "young mind's needing to be molded,"but come on!
I do not need to read a giant poster that says (excuse my vulgar words) "Orgasm, come learn! Men and women welcome! Lets talk about it!" or the amount of people who stand out side the buildings with their infamous sheets of bills and propositions that need to be "desperately" signed by the naive college students. Why no creeper, I don't want to sign your proposition. Jesus may love you, but you sir certainly scare me.
But yesterday, Oh yesterday.
I was pushed over the edge.
As I was walking out of the library that morning, a giant sign greeted me on the path leading to the parking lot.
ASK AN ATHEIST.
3 people. Older and a little too boisterous for my taste stood around the table. Eager to share their beliefs, or lack there of.
Now, I must say typically I can tolerate other's beliefs. Everyone has the right to be wrong. We all choose to believe and some just don't get it. That's fine. I believe it is better to show Christ's love by showing tolerance to these kinds of people than belittling them or making them feel uncomfortable.
But.
When I hear the woman of the group say, "Hey, (insert name here) why don't you go talk to them!" and the male replies (laughing) " Oh yeah! Lets get them started young!"
while I look up and see who exactly they are talking about (because I am a nosy person), my eyes fall upon a group of 30 to 40 kindergartners. Most likely on a field trip to explorer my college. My heart breaks instantly.
Instanly I utter the words, "Jesus, protect their hearts"
As I say these words, my eyes well up with tears.
Because the fact is, most of those 30 to 40 sweet little one's hearts will wander.
Now my heart is completely broken. And I am trying not to look like a balling idiot while walking to my car. (If you haven't notice, I'm a bit of a sap)
Never the less, my heart broke.
I yearn that those children's hearts are protected. Especially from the people who are completely against hope and the love of God to stand outside of a library with a sign that says Ask an Atheist.
My heart tugs at these things, I just can't help it.
Okay, rant over. I feel better.
Remember to Sparkle!


No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall