Saturday, June 30, 2012

{Good Morning}

Good Morning Sweet Friends!
I am so glad to have a few minutes to write out whats been on my mind.
Since school ended (June 14th) life hasn't stopped, with things only our Saviour can control. So, needless to say my summer didn't start out as I had planned and the projects and things I was looking forward to doing have been put on hold.
But, it's okay.
I know He knows better than I, and therefore I follow Him.
With all that being said, it still has been lovely even though so much is going on, to be out of school for the summer. I needed this rest. Desperately. I was tired, overwhelmed, edgy, upset, and never satisfied by the end of the quarter. I was not a happy camper. But, with ALOT of prayer and support I made it through the quarter I never thought I would. I had completed my first year of college. Praise God.
Have you ever felt that something was impossible, believed in God and his abilities, but still found yourself relying on your own strenghts?
I have. I think I am #1 at this.
This explains my whole 1st year of college, I was always praying for strength and guidence from our Lord, but never really listening and "fixing" it myself. I know, it is terrible.
But, our Lord is so good to me,
Even though I would rely on my own strength and let the Devil get me down. He would always show me at the end of every quarter when final grades were posted, that he was Soverin God and I had no buisness trying to do his job.
Whoa. Ouch.
Sorry Lord.
So when it came to this final quarter and I felt that I wasn't going to pass at least 2 of my course because of things out my control, I had met my breaking point. So I did all that I could do and left the rest up to God. With those things in my classes that were out of my control, He was teaching me to "Be Still and Know that I am God." I had no choice left, but to listen. It wasn't easy to just let go and let God, but I did it.
I also think, alot of my feelings and lack of relying on God, had come from my loss of time with Jesus. That was one of the first things that was put on the back burner. Isn't that terrible?? When the going gets rough, we just drop our manual and rely on our own road maps. Terrible. So this summer while reading a blog I follow, I heared about #SheReadsTruth. An online community of women, like myself who want to get out of their rutts of not reading the bible, who hold eachother accountable through this website, twitter, and instagram. I was so thankful to have found them. It gave that urge to get into His Truth, knowing I wasn't the only one struggling to focus time with our Lord. I am now half way through with my first study with the community and I could not be more happy with it. The study is wonderful. You can check it out here!   
 Oh and for the final grades for this semester?
I recieved a B+ in my english course.
I recieved a B+ in my psychology cours I never thought I would get through.
and
I recieved an A in my Math course, that was difficult for even the smartest people.
All blessings. All credit goes to God.
Be a Blessing,
Clarissa
Romans 12:12- Be Joyful in Hope, Patient in Affliction, Faithful in Prayer.


No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall