Thursday, July 5, 2012

{Prayerful Heart}

Have you ever felt as if there aren't enough hours in the day to pray about all the things on your heart?
As if we can't get all the right words out or there isn't enough time to express every prayer?
I must admit, lately I was feeling like this.
Thankfully I was blessed with a Devotional that spoke to my heart.
How simply as humans, we get defeated with this as if God doesn't hear our hearts. He knows his children inside and out. And we tend to forget that.
I am the type of person that thinks, a lot. And I try to turn that into my time expressing what is on my heart with our Lord. Sometimes its a conversation or even a simple sentence. He hears me. {Thank you Father} But, most of the time I feel as if I have so many thing to pray for I get side tracked or lost in thought.
But my heart was blessed when the scripture I was reading for my Devotional was just what I needed to hear {Divine Intervention or what?}
1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
Always be joyful. Never stop praying.
How perfect, sometimes we don't always have to stop and pray in the conventional manner. Most of the time just letting God listen to whats on our hearts is all we need.
Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Faithful in prayer. We have to continually pray for what is on our hearts, that is what we are called to do, so we shouldn't feel defeated when we feel we have too many things to pray about.
 It was a blessing to my heart to be reassured of this. I am thankful he is always listening, I just have to not "forget." 
Have a blessed rest of the week!
Love, C.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall