Sunday, July 29, 2012

{On My Heart}

It has been on my heart to write for alittle over a week now.
I wanted to share my heart, but I couldn't quite get the words to express my feelings and thoughts.
As I was reading the blogs I follow tonight, it all became clear.
It was like my own thoughts were the fellow womens' as well.
It was as if the Lord gave them their words, so that I could find mine.
Waiting.
We are all waiting on something,
the new school year, the weekend, births, understanding, comfort, needs, a hug, a kiss, a trip, answers.
We all just sit here, waiting.
It is soooo hard not to worry in this period of waiting. And yet I find myself there, ALOT. (You too?)
As I was singing on the worship team this morning, a Hymn I heard a million times previous, hit me in the gut and tears welled up in my eyes.
I have decided to follow Jesus.
"I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back. No turning back." 
Isn't the act of waiting what fully knowingly we agree to when we decide to follow Jesus?
There is no turning back.
We can't just say, "Oh just kidding, I am not feeling this whole waiting thing today. Next thing please."
We commit to even waiting for Jesus to come and take us all home one day.
How thankful I am for that.
Without the act of waiting, we would not have eternal life.
So who are we to be impatient for earthly things, while we admit to waiting for our time to worship our King eternally?
So here I am waiting. Patient some days, and not so patient others.
I have decided to follow Jesus.
No turning back.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall