Wednesday, August 8, 2012

{Promises}

I was blessed this past June to co-lead a group of third graders with my Momma for our Vacation Bible School at my church.
Every year I am left in awe with these sweet children of the Lord.
The way they sing the worship songs and do the movements to the music.
The way they soak up information like a sponge and yearn to learn more and more.
They way their eyes look as they arrive and get ready to leave, wide eyed and full of excitement.
The way they pray.
This year our theme was, Promise Island.
Basically, It was the promises God made to us.
It was so awesome seeing the bible through their eyes.
It was almost as if I was learning these promises all over again.
Promises like:
I am with You
I care about You
I give you what You need
I will Save You
and
I will answer You
It was an amazing week hearing and seeing God work in those sweet little ones lives and in my life as well.
I found myself seeing God's I will statements more and more in my bible reading.
How awesome is that. To see our Maker and Creator tell us things that are for certain, in this ever uncertain world. 
It comforts my heart.
Even more now, in light of certain events. {If you missed that post, read here }
As of late, I had three empty picture frames. Two on my wall and one next to my bed.
They had become heart aches really, and I needed something to fill them so my heart would be distracted when I looked into them.
Thus led me on the hunt scouring Pinterest for prints to fill them.
I had alot of ideas, but none were really sticking.
Until I found these two Verses.


Two I will statements from the Lord to comfort me.
I have to focus on these promises, these are the only promises that matter in life.
All other promises made by humans could and most of the time will leave you let down and unsatisfied.
Promises from Jesus never will.
My heart is overwhelmed just thinking of that.
...
Now because I can never be exactly the same as others and because my printer (little to my knowledge) was out of ink, the prints have my own spin on them.
Remember this one was supposed to be that pretty Yellow? Yep no color ink, no pretty yellow. So instead I took some stamping chalk and lightly colored in the back round with a pretty peach and the dandelions are a soft and very pretty grey/purple. All in all I love the way this turned out.

This print also required color in it for the cute little pink heart and brown back round. Once again, the printer was out of ink so I improvised. I cut out the main part and glued it to the pretty piece of toffee colored scrap book paper. I also am very pleased with this one.
...
I am still on the look out to fill my last frame, but until then I will find comfort in these promises.
If you have and ideas for another print, let me know!






No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall