Wednesday, September 12, 2012

{Sign Frame Tutorial}

Whats a girl to do with a wooden initial of her last name and a wooden frame with no glass?
Of course make an adorable sign!
Shall we do it?
Perfect.
You will need:
Wooden Letter
8x10 wooden frame without the glass (found mine for .99!)
Sheet of scrapbook paper
Acrylic paint
 
First I took the back of the frame and traced it onto the back of my sheet of scrapbook paper.
 
Next I painted both the frame and the letter the same color.
FYI: the paint color turned out a bit pinker then I expected, I still like it, but I suggest you test out your paint before you use it.
 
For attachment purposes I used Scotch double sided sticky tape and the good ole' glue stick.
I used the glue stick to attach the sheet of scrapbook paper and the back of the frame together.
 The tape was used to attach the letter to the paper backed frame. I covered the whole back of the letter and then pressed it to the back of the frame. It seems to hold really well.
You know me, I am a huge fan of double sided sticky tape!
 
 After the frame had dried I decided I wanted a little more definition of shabby chic.
I sanded the corners of the letter and the frame with a small piece of hand sand paper.
I sanded very lightly, it didn't take long at all for the raw wood to show through.
So be careful.
 
 And your final product will look somewhat like this!
Its adorable and I love it, but have yet to find the perfect place for it.
I may end up turning this into a wreathe by adding a ribbon or twine to the back.
Any other suggestions? 
Hope you enjoyed!
Show me what you got!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall