Wednesday, September 5, 2012

{Bare Feet}

Can I share a blessing with you today?
I feel like lately on here it has alittle dreary.
A couple mornings ago, there was a full house, I was sharing my room with my sister for the night, and it was loud with voices excited for a new day.
So this made my morning routine difficult.
Usually, I would sit in bed with my laptop, journal, and bible.
And spend these few moments with God.
Before ever starting my day.
But with all the commotion, I really couldn't do that.
Although, I yearned for those moments with my Saviour.
Let me tell you friends, I need that time with Him each morning.
If I don't, I can feel my whole being change.
I am not as positive.
I am not as loving.
I use less of kind words.
I feel incomplete.
So knowing that about myself, I grabbed my laptop, bible, and journal, plus a cup of coffee.
I headed through the kitchen, passing through the voices and stepped outside.
I usually walk bare foot most of the time while at home, so it was natural for me to be bare foot while outside.
As for this particular morning it hit me, as my bare feet stepped out onto the morning dew and then crossed into rough sand that stuck because of the fresh dew on my feet, I realized I can have bare feet before the Lord.
He knows everything. I can be raw before Him.
In the stillness of the morning with my bare feet I thanked God for giving me this blessing to be real with Him.
In a world of fake, we have a King who will take us real.
With bruised and broken feet
or
Clean and polished feet.
All we have to do is come, with bare feet.
Exposing it all.
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall