Saturday, March 10, 2012

Weekend Thoughts + a Cause

I must admit, I had wonderful intentions to blog earlier this week. I even had inspiration. Guess I will save it for next week!
....
And it's on to the weekend!
I swear I spend over half of my week counting down to the weekend!
I really need to work on focusing in the moment. Be Present. It is a must.
Are you in the same boat as me?
For this "weekend thoughts" I am doing something alittle different.
If you haven't heard of Kony 2012, you are truly missing out.
Watching this week how viral and fast the news has spread it has been amazing.
It has truly been a blessing to me to see compassion take over so many hearts, I can only hope and pray that Jesus is glorified in all of this and his love will be shown. It brings me to tears. It leaves me in awe.
So for this weekend I wanted to share it with you here + a few facts about the organization.
1) Kony is evil and must be stopped.
2) He and his army have captured over 30,000 children and forces them into sex slavery and violent acts against their own. (Lord, be with your babies. Just writing those words almost kills me.)
3) This has been going on for 26 years. Yes, you read that right. Twenty six years.
4) This cause is apart of the Invisible Children organization, who have been working for 9 years trying to stop Kony and his army.
5) We must unite to raise awareness of him.
6) We will stop at NOTHING.
7) May our Lord be with us.
I wanted to post the video that went viral (in only took 3 days!!) and made this cause so famous! It isn't short (30 minutes) but you have to watch it. It will break your heart and give you passion to stop him.
I know you have heard this all before. But I promise you, you won't feel you have wasted any time. 
...
Thank you for reading and watching. I pray you all have a blessed weekend.






No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall