Friday, March 2, 2012

Weekend Thoughts, a Spot of Tea & a Recipe!

I would offer you some but I don't quite know how warm the tea would be by the time it got to you....
Sooooo.
I am starting my weekend (Fridays are the start of my weekend since I only go to school Tuesday and Thursday) off with a cup of tea and sharing some "thoughts"
Want to join me?
...
1) Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.
2) Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.
3) "Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
Charles Dickens
4) Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in Gods sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4
5) If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders.
6) You are stronger than you seem, Braver than you believe, and Smarter than you think.
7) Don't think too much. You'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.
...
Now for your recipe! I made this, this week and everyone loved it! It is super simple and you most likely have everything in your cupboard! Which is awesome because you don't have to go to the store. Score!
Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork
I originally got this recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff off of Pinterest.
Looks lovely doesn't?
I didn't get a picture of my creation since it was gobbled up so fast!...but I think their picture does the trick!
What you will need:
For the Roast:
1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Honey
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp dried Basil
2 tbsp minced Garlic
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
For the glaze:
2 tbsp Corn Starch
1/4 cup Water
...
Directions:
Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt. Pour over pork. Cover and cook for 6 to 7 hours.
Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from juices; transfer to small sauce pan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine corn starch and water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened.
Notes:
Okay, so I have a very large crock pot and this little tiny pot roast is just puny. So my advice, if you are using a large crock pot, cut down the cooking time by at least an hour.
When I mentioned you have everything in your cupboard, you really do, even if you don't have the exact amounts. I didn't have the right amount of honey or cheese and I didn't have any basil at all. So what I did is used the rest of the cheese and honey that I had on hand and used thyme in place of the bail.
...
Alright, I am off! I have a fun weekend get away to visit with my Best Friend! I am so excited!
Have a blessed weekend!
Remember to Sparkle  


No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall