Saturday, December 7, 2013

beauties blogging books: the beginning

         


In honor of winter break and the borrowed book I have been waiting to read for what seems like forever, I am going to blog through my reading of Jane Austen's Emma. 

This book isn't a quick read, and for my own sanity and enjoyment I thought it would be fun to use the blog as an accountability partner. Also, my girl Kelly (lender of said book) over at Daisies and Daydreams decided to join in on the "fun" and blog through one of the books she borrowed from me (The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor). 

Who could resist this winter break/coffee shop/book swap/blogging extravaganza? 

Our alliteration loving selves just couldn't. 

Shall we introduce ourselves?




--Hi. I’m Kelly. I’m a ginger. #rockitlikearedhead. I’m really weird and geeky, and I love reading. Clarissa thinks I’m “witty”, but I suspect that’s just because she appreciates the ridiculously lame puns that I come up with on occasion. I love hot beverages of almost any sort—mostly because I despise being cold. Besides that, there’s not much to me. I’m pretty average. *Disclaimer: My blog is significantly less fancy. I’m not as tech-savvy as Clarissa is so bear with me. Thanks.

--Hello There! I'm Clarissa. Yes just like the 90's show with Melissa Joan Heart, although i'm not certain I explain it all, all the time.  Here is three things you should know about me: I enjoy the ironies in life. For instance I have an obsession with shoes, but I have a serious attachment to going bare foot. I dig all things vintage and often feel I was born in the wrong era. And finally, I am a perfectionist constantly battling to accept my imperfections. P.s. This became exceedingly cooler when Kelly agreed to join in on this adventure.
So, the tentative plan for now is to blog weekly about the books. This can include favorite quotes, character break down/analysis, and life relatables. 

I'll link to D+D's as well. And maybe there will be a swap day, who knows. There are so many possibilities! 

Grab a cup of coffee and please join us as we navigate through blogging a couple of novels. It's gonna rock. 



No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall