Monday, September 12, 2011

Hats, Clarissa Style!

I love hats. Fedoras, big floppy Sun Hats,those obnoxious church hats ( I don't own one of these yet, but believe you me, I will have one someday!) You name it, I have it. I just adore them.
Now wouldn't that mean these oh so wonderful hats would become DIY projects of mine??
Of Course!!
I stumbled upon my love of creating my own hats this past spring when sun hats were all the rage. And I just HAD to have one :)
Butttttt....
The frugal girl that I am, did not want to pay the money for a hat that I couldn't just wear all the time. And I wanted something I would love, which I had yet to find on the sun hat market.
One day in my many trips to Target I was in one of my favorite places of the store, the dollar section :) On one of those shelves, I found it! A plain bronze brown sun hat! The wheels in my brain started to turn and soon I was off to Micheal's to pick up the rest of the materials for my perfect sun hat!

*Sun Hat- $ 2.50
*Ribbon- $1.00
*Daisy- $ 2.50

It worked marvelously for my Senior Beach Trip. I wore my red and white polka dot bikini with a white sun dress and a red cardigan. It was so adorable! And the hat was perfectly functional, not a sun burn in sight!

Now for my latest project! :)
A straw Fedora! I was on the look out for one all summer!
I finally got my wish a week ago at Walmart, clearanced for $ 5.00.
I was so excited, I thought I was going to burst!
P.s. Keep an eye out for the old window frame, it is one of my newest DIY projects!! :)  

For this hat I wanted to spice it up quickly because I was headed to the beach the day after I got it.
With alittle bit of brain storming, I came up with a cute and simple way to jazz up any hat to make it match your out fit!
Stretch head bands and flower clips!
Nifty right??
And I already had all of this on hand, so my hat was ready for the trip ;)
Oh, and the hat total was a whopping 5 bucks!
Here is one of the ways I wear the hat :)  

So simple and yet so darling!
I can't wait to see what other combos I pair with this hat! I am totally looking forward to wearing this in October for my birthday weekend in San Diego! :)
Show me what awesome Hat creations you come up with!!


 

1 comment

  1. Love it! I haven't seen your fedora yet but it turned out sooooooo cute!! Well done girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall