Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How much for a piece of PLASTIC??

Today I made a trip down to CSUSB, with my wonderful guy in the driver's seat. I had to get my textbooks and parking permit. There was no more procrastinating or avoiding the inevitable...I had to spend the money.
Thankfully with the scholarships and money I was given as gifts, I can pay fully for my first year...But I still didn't want to make that swipe! It meant that money was gone forever and my small amount of savings was short lived.
Anywhooooo!
I decided to go to the Bursars office first to get my parking permit, so I could park by the book store, sounds like a good idea right?
Nope.
I walk casually up to the window, thinking to myself, it couldn't possibly be more than fifty dollars. Silly me.
The woman quickly responds to my question with a statement that makes me want to ask again, just how much that piece of plastic would cost me.
One Hundred and Two Dollars.
 That’s a 1. and a 0. and a 2. Put together.
Let’s just say the combination of those numbers, in that order, does not make me a happy camper.
And then came the bookstore.
The only redeeming quality of this store is the very helpful student worker, who guided me through the store that should be referred to as the Devil's Trap.
 I seriously have never spent one hundred and twenty two dollars in one trip on myself, let alone on a book, until today. My lovely math book decided that it would cost exactly that.
Oh, and don't forget Half.com!
One hundred and seventy dollars later and I still need to order one more book.
Now, I know I am not the first to make this rant and I certainly won't be the last, as the cost for being a student continues to rise. I just can't help but be amazed at how much the cost of being a student actually is!
All the glory goes to God for blessing me with a grant that waves my tuition fees and my little some of money saved up in the bank to cover the rest. Next year is a new year, and my Jesus is the only one who knows how I will find the money to pay for it. He will make a way. I just know it :)
Here is that lovely piece of plastic...
At least it sparkles :)
And my man. He is great. He calms me when I need it most and treats me to lunch and frozen yogurt.  He rocks! :)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall