Friday, March 7, 2014

a graceful habit

*hey there. I am joining She Reads Truth during Lent and contributing to their She Shares Truth Fridays. This week: Psalm 130. Feel free to click on the link for other women's reflections as well! 

If you, God, kept records on wrongdoings, who would stand a chance?
As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit, and that is why you are worshiped. 
Psalms 130:3-4, the message

I absolutely love the promises of grace and mercy that drips from this passage and the honest, raw heart that speaks through it.

I can't remember the last time I consciously hoped in something that had me waiting and watching till morning,with that can't sleep, sitting on the edge of your seat, feeling. 

But grace and mercy, y'all i'm seeking that minute by minute. I cry out in mercy something fierce, my life a prayer full of broken sentences and desperate pleas. From hurtful thoughts to absolute dropped-the-ball blunders, i'm there begging just for a little more grace and forgiveness. 

Yet He never stops listening. He hears every word down to the last syllable. 

I never need too much grace that He stops giving. It's in fact the exact opposite, the grace is endless for a continuously broken being. 

His arrival comes with love and generous redemption (Psalms 130:7, the message.) It overflows, it's unfailing. We can set our hopes of the day and the faith of our life in this perfect endless love. 

And for that, my heart will sing no other name. 

Lord, help us to put our hope in you today. Let us be enveloped by your grace and calmed by your mercy. You love us more than our earthly souls can ever imagine and for that we worship you and seek to bring you glory. Thank you for forgiving me and reminding me of this sweet truth daily. 

Amen? Amen. 

Be blessed today, sisters. 

2 comments

  1. Thank you Clarissa. I've popped over from SheReadsTruth. I was drawn to your study because of the title. I am so thankful for passages like this because in the trenches they are there to encourage and push me onward, hold me up, and embrace me. I am newly refreshed by these passages for the same reason you stated- I may not have anything in particular I'm losing sleep over or anticipating with angst but DAILY, HOURLY, MINUTE BY MINUTE I need his grace and mercy. Thank you so much for your heart in sharing. I'm excited about this challenge to write but I haven't found time yet to write my own. Happy Friday, sister!! Enjoy His unending, overflowing, grace and mercy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And for that, my heart will sing no other name." YES!!! Also, I want to close every devotional I write with "Amen? Amen." Glad I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall