Friday, March 14, 2014

remember me

*hey there. I am joining She Reads Truth during Lent and contributing to their She Shares Truth Fridays. This week: Psalm 38. Feel free to click on the link for other women's reflections as well! 


David is a flat out hurting, broken mess in this, y'all. He is pleading for rest and healing. He is ridden with disease, no one wants to be around him, and the ones that get even remotely close to his being make fun of his love for God. He's beaten down and losing it, yet he cries out from the depths of his soul for God to remember him.

He doesn't curse God for allowing this turmoil to take place in his life. Instead, he waits in earnest patience and obedience.

I don't hear a word they say,
don't speak a word in response.
What I do, God, is wait for you,
wait for my Lord, my God - you will answer!
Psalm 38: 14-15 (the message)

I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I would be so obedient and trusting. I spew at the mouth when i'm angry and hurt. I question and whine when I don't understand. I become woe is me and defensive when someone has not met my expectations.

And though I know David believed and acted in obedient and patient ways, I also know he was human and thoughts like this must have welled up inside him once in awhile.

BUT. He also knew deep down in his heart of hearts,

You know what I long for Lord;
You hear my every sigh. 
Psalm 38: 9 (new living translation)

And it's true. It's all true. This Almighty God whom David clung to in his ache, the one who he searched for in desperation, also hears every sigh we let out in our exasperated moments.

We know this. We have to trust in this, even when we aren't getting a response when we want it or feel we need it.

The Lord has His timing and we are to wait in earnest patience and obedience.

Even though our flesh cries out in anguish and the messy parts of our lives seem to get even messier. We wait. Just as David did.

So however this finds you today, cheerful and rested or in the gray of despair, lets cling to this truth.

The Lord hears us. Let us draw near to Him and share our woes. He is our great comfort, even in our trenches.

1 comment

  1. "Wait" is such a theme in life...it's great to be pointed back to the Bible & see it there over & over again. Loved your post :)

    ReplyDelete

© Clarissa Doesn't Explain it All.
Maira Gall